Sr. DB2, LUW, DBA
Senior DB2 LUW DBA
• Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices as part of a team.
• Work closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
• Work with the Application Development team to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
• Pro-actively identify and troubleshoot databases performance issues.
• Ensure that industry-wide security standards are properly implemented.
• Develop and optimize complex PL/SQL code.
• Understand written business requirements and translate them into technical design.
• Initial job responsibilities will be performance tuning very large / complex SQL statements generated either by Hybernate or COGNOS in an DB2 11.1 Purescale environment.
• This will require advanced experience in query tuning, interpreting execution plans and making index recommendations, and understanding how to influence the SQL query engine.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field.
• 10+ years experience in data integration, data movement and database administration preferred.
• Advanced RDBMS knowledge in DB2 LUW 11.1 (purescale) with a focus on high volume OLTP production support.
• DB2 LUW HADR experience.
• Proficient in PL/SQL development, troubleshooting and optimization.
• ETL experience, including data exports, imports and transformation using miscellaneous tools.
• Proficient in OLTP performance troubleshooting.
• Experience in DB2 LUW 11.1 purescale installation and configuration, including upgrading and patching.
• RHEL 6.5-7.5 and AIX proficiency at a level required to support RDBMS.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to produce quality work on tight schedules as part of a large team of senior DBAs.
• Willingness to work onsite in a professional business environment and offsite for after-hour, on-call activities.